Sunday 30 May 2010

ya dancer!! :D :P

.....that's a Scottish expression meaning 'how wonderful'.

What is wonderful is that I am back welding again which means I can finally get back working on the VDP after over a year of no welding.

They say every cloud has a silver lining. well, the silver lining here is that I will now appreciate every welding job I do rather than see it as a chore as it has been driving me crazy not being able to resolve this problem.

Yesterday I exhumed the front wings and rear lower valances to start on repairs. They have been in storage in the loft in the barn for some time and underneath the dust and bird detritus they are actually better than they look.






front wings are very sound apart from nose areas which I have repair panels for. no corrosion at all on arch areas











part of this has to be salvaged as new nose cones do not have all the internal fittings




LHS wing not as badly corroded as RHS












RHS front wing severely corroded at front



1/4 valance at top of shot showing my attempt at repair many years ago







will re-visit this 'repair'!






RHS rear 1/4 valance has missing part on top mounting flange but is also missing completely the front mounting flage which is harder to replicate



all things considered the wings are in good nick despite corrosion at front




rear ends are in great condition apart from small areas at bottom














No comments:

Post a Comment